Book
Usually week days are hectic. Don’t get much time to do anything except for the regular activity. So I read my books during week ends.
Most of my Fridays end up sleeping with laptop on, room light on, unfinished drink, opened Lays, half dropped quilt. I sleep late that day, usually 2 in the morning if not 3. I don’t have control over my sleep at that point of time. My body and mind surrender to all the work load of a week and alcohol contain to Vodka. I fall down usually to the unexplored territory of my bed.
After a good 60ml shot I am relaxed, body and mind pressure is gone. It’s same me but not exactly. Then the shots will follow like mob crossing road at Rani Phokari- randomly, with different speed and sizes.
Last week I watched “You kill me” where the main character is alcoholic. Later he joins some rehab center where a person will talk to mass of people about their dysfunctional behavior. He/she would start “Hi, I am ABC
Last Friday I was wonder if my life would also end up in a rehab. My life resembles the character perfectly well. I am single, getting old, my hair getting thinner and color fading away, I don’t have friends nearby and I was drinking. Well this is not the first time I realized my life looks like movie characters. I had similar felling when I watched “Life in a Metro”. Every scene, every situation in the movie was truth. Truth like when my friend said, “Girls…..you can’t live with them and you can’t live without them.” (Editors note-I laughed hard when she told me this.)
I wake up next Saturday usually after 9:30. Though my mind does not want to sleep my body does not give up. I have this strange taste in my mouth. This is because I missed brushing my teeth before I go to sleep Friday (well technically its Saturday). This unusual smell inside my mouth I can smell with my mouth close. I am too lazy to go and brush. Instead I arrange pillow and garb unfinished book lying on the table nearby the bed. Open the page where small piece of the visiting card emerging out and I start reading.
So I am wondering if I would be like that dog who salivates when he hears the bell. But I could not figure it out if I would follow book when I wake up late and lazy or when I read book I seek for laziness and that smell and taste in my mouth.

3 Comments:
ha...I was going through one of my friends political blog. Just trying to pass my hours...at the office...and saw the links to 'Nepal' from his blog and I thought hey why not dig around some more, make fun of people and just read things if anything interesting come up. and Then I decided...I'm definitely not falling for those funny looking faces or pictures should I say...and made up my mind that I'll check out only those...who's name would interest me...and yours the first oen I found.......coz it almost rhyms with mine. Probably I would fall for anything that would start with Sha..anyway NM..and talking abt your blog..it sure wasn't as impressive as your name for me....but the fatc that you're geting old...and treading a way to alcoholism...i thought was quite an interesing phase...well I might as well create a plot out of it ..for my movie....anyway...the experience wasn't so bad...and was that all you could watch 'life in metro' well brother....here's my advice..how about ' 3:10 to Yuma' this gotto be Russel's and Christain Bale's one of the bests. and oh...American Gangster is openign today....ooo almost forgot ..gotta catch the movie brother....well sorry for wasting your space...but bro...you seriosuly need some action in your life...yep definitely more than just JD ;)
The wanderer...
I might as well drop in again,,,.
3:45 PM
Oh BTW just watched the movie 'American Gangster' I'm telling ya Russel Crowe is sure taking one Oscar home this year. If not for 3:10 to Yuma then sure for this one. And Denzel Washington is as good as ever but wonder why all his character seems similar in all the movies he's been playing since the Training Days. And yeah another thing- why am I telling you all this. Well, coz- 1st reason:.. I thought you would be absolutey ecstatic to witness some comments in your people-hardly-seem-to-go-through blog. and the 2nd reason: well...personally I thought you would find my whole direction-less opinion interesting simply for the fact that the movie I watched too was based on a true story, not neccesarily about getting high with coke...and going to rehab but certainly a movie thats worth a watch. and oh one more thing- I thought Shiney Ahuja..simply nailed the character in his movie...Life in wahtever....he's certainly a man to watch out for in so called Bollywood. I thought his performance in 'Hazaaro Khwaeise Aisi' was just ASWESOME!!!...
Okay getting to the point, the only reason i'm again wasting your space is just for the fact that I have nothing worthwhile to do...esp. since weekend has just kicked off..and I'm as usual just gonna stay within the four walls of my room...and yeah perhaps surf around more blogs...and since I am sooo fascinated by your name..I might as well spend some time imagining how you look like...and Just incase you're not a gay don't worry I'm not a guy either. But if you're a girl then my bad....but hey..nice stuff brother...or sister if you're of the opposite gender ...God I love this....you can write whatever you want...and still not worry about it...
Laters,
7:50 PM
wow yr writing quality is very much better than when i used to read yr things...now..its simple that y its understandable..and anyone can related that with their own life.
ohh man u have changed alot or the situation..like as always...
9:37 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home