Welcome to another blog in blogger.com Please don’t get disappointed to know that this bolg has no theme.

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Naked

I talk to myself. Knowingly or unknowingly, I do, can’t help it. It’s something that slips away from my mind, sometime when I am alone and sometime when I am with score of people.

I sing for me. I walk around whispering a song. My limbs in motion to the rhythm of the song I am humming, my hands inside my pocket tapping over my thighs on every beat of drum. Sometimes my fingers leaping in a certain pattern to mimic hands of some guitarist. My shoulders making some funny movement, head facing down and nodding with the beat of my song.

Most of the time I notice eyebrows been raised, wrinkling on foreheads of people passing me by, eyes of colleagues -walking closely - meeting with each other and giggling, some kind lips goes up nodding up head. And there are some supportive lips murmuring, like mine, talking only to its possessor.

I am indifferent to these expressions. My eyes send signals to thalamus but my neocortex does not react or judge these manifestations - I am too involve in singing.

However, few people in my home, my surroundings are unhappy with my singing and walking. I receive suggestions, orders, advices to get rid of this habit - in some cases scolding as well. People see my singing for my self as a taboo. They visualize it to unacceptable behavior for a human kind- like walking without clothes in public.

I found a solution for this. It’s not that I am bother about what people say or what they think about me. It’s just that repeatedly I have to listen to all these people and so I searched for the solution. Now I put an ear piece on my each ear with the wires ending inside my pocket. No one knows that the ear piece is not connected. But I don’t see any frowning faces, no raised eyebrows. I can sing, even dance and no one is bothered. I am happy and so are others.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey good job,
you have that quality to play with the words n bounce it in right place. perfect way of telling people dont bother me iam happy with what iam doing.
keep writing

9:49 AM

 
Blogger JYOTSHILA.... said...

thanks for writing this ..actually i feel the same....i want to add long comment but u know my comment ..i wrote in msn..so saving for another article..wat say..smartass na

9:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Hit Counters